Welcome to Temple Aliyah
We invite your family to join our family!
Our Home: Temple Aliyah is our Jewish home, and we warmly invite you in. Our inclusive and ‘haimish’ (welcoming) environment offers a comfortable place for everyone seeking a thoughtful and enriching Jewish life. Our community is dynamic and diverse, with egalitarian worship in a contemporary and inviting atmosphere. We embrace people of all ages, backgrounds and lifestyles.
Your Home: Our community encourages members to enrich their Jewish lives, to enhance their Jewish identities, and to engage in lifelong learning. Our spiritual, educational and social action programs foster the values of Conservative Judaism, and reflect our commitment to Torah and mitzvot in the real world. We actively support the local Jewish community, Israel and Jews worldwide.
Our History: Founded in 1964, Temple Aliyah has grown to 435 families. The active volunteer participation of our members, along with our professional staff, create and innovate a full range of programs for members at every stage of life: families, single parents, couples, empty nesters, singles and seniors, who all participate in the community life at Temple Aliyah. Our members live in Needham, Newton, Wellesley, Dover, Medfield, Westwood, Weston, West Roxbury, and beyond.
Helping us Connect: The Temple Aliyah family thrives under the leadership and guidance of its dedicated professional staff and devoted lay leadership. Rabbi Carl Perkins and his team are at the core of TA’s spiritual and inspirational learning, davening, and ‘ruach’. They engage our members in praying, learning and connecting with other Jews, and with the world around us. Our Director of Education, Alisa Levine, nurtures and inspires the students in our state-of-the-art Religious School, Mercaz Aliyah, while Debbi Fendell, our Director of Early Childhood Education, leads Gan Aliyah Preschool.
Where should you begin?
- Join one of beautiful Shabbat morning services, and attend one of our interactive Shabbat discussions.
- Surround your littlest kids with friends and fun at a Temple Tots Friday Night Sha-la-lom Shabbat.
- Gather with other women for Sisterhood programming: book discussions, holiday parties, bi-annual dinners, and much more.
- Feast on one of our weekly Shabbat Kiddush luncheons.
- Make Havdalah and explore the wintry woods in search of owls with TA K26, for kids age 5-12.
- Share the latest news on Israel over coffee with our Israel Kesher committee.
- Hire a sitter and join us over drinks and dessert for a discussion about Jewish parenting during an Evening with Rabbi Perkins.
- Meet other Jewish families with toddlers on a Friday or Sunday at Music with Margie.
- Learn how to lead a weekday minyan, or read Torah or Haftarah, or even become a Bar or Bat Mitzvah at any age.
- Schmooze at Game Night with friends over 50, with Staying Connected.
- Hit the pavement with other congregants on the Walk For Hunger, organized by the Social Action Committee.
- Enroll your kids in Mercaz Aliyah, our innovative Religious School program.
- Lend your voice to the high holiday choir, cabaret, or Purim spiel.
- Have bagels pizza, and deli, listen to a sports celebrity at dinner, play softball and poker, and sip whiskey with the guys in TA’s Men’s Club.
- Send your teen to a USY Purim Dance with other Jewish kids from New England.
All activities warmly welcome participation from new members. For a list of contacts to inquire about joing the committee of any Temple Aliyah groups, click here.
Whatever it is you decide to do, Temple Aliyah welcomes you to our family!
Request membership information by emailing Marie Savrides [email protected], or call her at 781-444-8522.
For more information about our community, education and programs, contact Temple Aliyah's Membership Committee:
Prospective Member Services - General inquiries about joining Temple Aliyah and its programs: Sarah Burns
New Member Services - Inquiries about Temple Aliyah programs after you've joined Temple Aliyah: Marla Simon
or call Marie in the Temple Aliyah Office at (781) 444-8522 on weekdays, during business hours.
Please note: We will not let financial constraints be a barrier to membership. Financial assistance is available upon request. Feel free to email [email protected] to learn more.