Goals of the Kesher Committee
- To strengthen our congregation's connection, or “kesher,” with the land and people of Israel.
- To educate members of our synagogue about many of the issues that Israel and Israelis face today.
- To raise funds and provide financial support for a variety of projects in Israel.
- Our community continues to support several families in Haifa who have suffered losses from terrorism.
- We seek out and support many smaller, grassroot charities in Israel, where our contributions make a strong impact, both financially and in moral support.
- We help the Israeli economy by promoting the purchase of Israeli products.
- We host speakers on topics and news related to and of importance to Israel.
- We host movie evenings where we show recent Israeli films.
- We promote travel to Israel.
Check the Resources pages for Jewish and Israeli news and other useful links.
For more information, or to be added to our email list, please contact Ron Sadok or Howard Furman.